Connecting the science of food to the beautiful simplicity of everyday eating.
Many people spend their lunches eating alone. We eat convenience foods from packages. Often the first thoughts about Dietitians are people with calculators and formulas. Somewhere along the line we forgot about the dinner table.
Dietitians are supportive and knowledgeable health professionals that help simplify everyday eating. Intermediaries who will break the noise and information overload. Most of all Dietitians will help you get to the heart of the matter, your relationship with health and food.
Dietitians have specialized training to help. In Alberta Dietitians and Nutritionists:
- Complete a 4-year bachelor’s degree with a specialization in human nutrition
- Pass a national registration exam
- Complete a 1-year internship with rotations in hospital, community, clinical and food service settings
- Meet annual continuing education requirements
- If you’re unsure, look for RD, RDN or Dt.P (French) behind a name.